Monday, April 19, 2010

Leave the Poor Horse Alone


Can we please just retire this saying from our vernacular once and for all -- “Don’t beat a dead horse?” I apologize if I was redundant, but you need not punish me with the image of a horse carcass getting its ass kicked. One minute we’re having a nice a cup of coffee; the next you’re ear-fucking me with this little number. Spare me the graphics. Let me digest lunch. Don't force me to envision Seabiscuit getting beaten to a pulp by some 4’ foot jockey with a Napoleon complex.

2 comments:

  1. Hold your horses there Gregg. Maybe you’ve been sitting too long at your desk, you developed a Charlie horse and now you’re a little cranky. I understand your respect for Mr. Ed but let me give you some advice: don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. I’ll let another cat out of the bag - the image of animals, especially dead, rotting corpses and ones you can pulverize, are great ways to express how you feel. So don’t run around, typing your fancy words like a chicken with its head cut off because you’ve got no room to swing a cat. I’m personally going to use the idiom till the cows come home and won’t stop until pigs fly. So for now, I’m flipping you the bird because I smell a rat

    ReplyDelete
  2. My god you're good. And I love how you wove Twain's famous cat swinging incident into the mix. Well done, chap. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
The Morning Roast by Gregg Rosenzweig is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.spikeupnow.blogspot.com.