Sunday, June 13, 2010

Penny Saver


I’ve witnessed some brilliant business plans in my day, but you take the stale, inedible Hostess cupcake, 98-Cents Store. Not only did you manage to fill people’s coffers with oodles of items they didn't need, but you also undercut your fiercest cross-town rival by a cent. Genius. And now I read that you’ve closed the door to your bargain basement for good? It just doesn’t make any sense. Was it the fact that nothing good in life costs 98-cents? Or the fact that, oddly enough, you also sold saunas for $1,500? 'Cause I know when I buy a napkin, I often tack on a hot tub for good measure. How could you shutter? I just don’t get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
The Morning Roast by Gregg Rosenzweig is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.spikeupnow.blogspot.com.